I feel like this wasn’t a great choice for my second daily painting. I wanted to do something a bit quirky, and a bit geeky so I went for the Mario Power Mushroom. My source image was CGI and so there wasn’t a huge amount of detail, just a lot of very smooth, sterile lighting that was tough to get rough. I feel like the face turned out well, whereas there just wasn’t enough to do with the cap to bring it to life. Still, it could have been worse. Tomorrow I think I’ll return to something more naturalistic. A leaf perhaps.
If you’d like to see me painting in action, I recorded this one as I painted it.